At THE RETINA INSTITUTE, you will see only Dr. Ebrahim at one central location, where you will benefit from personalized care, superior technology, and an amazingly attentive staff.
Packet For New Patients:
We approach your potential treatments conservatively, carefully weighing benefit against risk within your comfort level. Treatments from improved risk control, to topical use of drops, to various laser techniques, to office injections, to operating room microsurgery may be suggested as appropriate. We frequently recommend slowly escalating treatments, such that less invasive measures are employed first, for your safety.
Our impressive diagnostic and therapeutic resources include:
- Diagnostics: 3-D reconstruction high-resolution retinal scanning technology, infrared and autofluorescence photography, pattern electroretinography, visually evoked potential, high-density macular microperimetry, kinetic video ultrasonography, optical coherence tomography angiography, and video fluorescein and indocyanine green retinal angiography.
- Therapeutics: medical (non-procedural) interventions, low duty cycle micropulse diode yellow laser technology, diode green laser technology, photodynamic laser therapy, cutting edge injectable medicines, and microsurgical intervention.
Using these methods, we are able to diagnose and treat retinal disorders across the spectrum. Our diagnostics include subclinical detection of decline, to protect you before major vision loss manifests.
Insurances We Accept
This list is not a guarantee of coverage. Please note that patients are responsible for verifying the details of their coverage with their insurance company. If you do not see your insurance on this list, please call (504) 455-0500 for clarification.
* If you suffer true financial hardship, please call the office for more information regarding formal assistance. While there is no guarantee of outcome, THE RETINA INSTITUTE is committed to the goal of allowing all patients access to medically necessary treatments.
- AETNA BETTER HEALTH
- AMERICAN ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP
- AMERICAN HEALTHCARE ALLICANCE
- ASSURANT HEALTH
- BLUE CROSS/ BLUE SHIELD
- BENEFIT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- CCMSI / PGRMA
- DEFINITY HEALTHCARE
- FIRST HEALTH
- FISERVE HEALTH
- FOX / EVERETT INC.
- GILSBAR 360
- GOLDEN RULE
- GREAT WEST HEALTHCARE
- GULF SOUTH RISK SERVICES INC.
- HEALTH FIRST TPA
- LONESTAR TPA
- MACORI INC.
- MEDICAID (Aetna Better Health, Amerigroup, Healthy Blue, United Healthcare Community Plan)
- MUTUAL OF OMAHA
- NALC HEALTH BENEFIT PLAN
- NEW ORLEANS ELECTRICAL
- NEW ERA LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY
- ONE SOURCE ADMINISTRATORS
- PEOPLES HEALTH (OUT OF NETWORK ONLY)
- PHILADELPHIA AMERICAN LIFE
- PHYSICIANS MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY
- PLUMBERS STEAMFITTERS
- PPO PLUS
- RAILROAD MEDICARE
- SHEET METAL WORKERS
- STANDARD LIFE AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE COMPANY
- STERLING PREMIER MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT
- STRATOSE NETWORK
- STUDENT RESOURCES
- TRICARE PRIME (OUT OF NETWORK ONLY)
- TRICARE SECONDARY
- UNITED HEALTHCARE (UHC)
- UNITED MEDICAL RESOURCES (UMR)
- UNITED AMERICAN INSURANCE COMPANY
- VANTAGE HEALTH PLAN (BATON ROUGE AND LAFAYETTE)
- WISCONSIN PHYSICIAN SERVICES
We accept Mastercard and Visa, Debit cards, and cash.