Referring Your Patient:
THE RETINA INSTITUTE receives referrals by appointment from doctors both local and distant including Optometrists, Ophthalmologists, Retinal Specialists, Primary Care Doctors, Endocrinologists, Rheumatologists, Neurologists, and others. Please feel free to call us.
Same Day Appointments Available For Emergencies.
Should you or your staff require a call back or if your patient wishes to receive a call directly from us, please fill out this quick online form. (for non-emergency issues only)
We approach potential treatments conservatively, carefully weighing benefit against risk within your patient’s comfort level. Treatments from improved risk control, to topical use of drops, to various laser techniques, to office injections, to operating room micro-surgery may be suggested as appropriate. We frequently recommend slowly escalating treatments, such that less invasive measures are employed first, for your patient’s safety.
Our impressive array of diagnostic and therapeutic resources include:
- Diagnostics: 3-D reconstruction high-resolution retinal scanning technology, infrared and autofluorescence photography, pattern electroretinography, visually evoked potential, high-density macular microperimetry, kinetic video ultrasonography, optical coherence tomography angiography, and video fluorescein and indocyanine green retinal angiography.
- Therapeutics: medical (non-procedural) interventions, low duty cycle micropulse diode-yellow laser technology, diode green laser technology, photodynamic laser therapy, cutting edge injectable medicines, and micro-surgical intervention.
Using these methods, we are able to diagnose and treat retinal disorders across the spectrum.
Insurances We Accept
This list is not a guarantee of coverage. Please note that patients are responsible for verifying the details of their coverage with their insurance company. If you do not see your insurance on this list, please call us for clarification.
- AETNA BETTER HEALTH
- AMERICAN ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP
- AMERICAN HEALTHCARE ALLICANCE
- ASSURANT HEALTH
- BLUE CROSS/ BLUE SHIELD
- BENEFIT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- CCMSI / PGRMA
- DEFINITY HEALTHCARE
- FIRST HEALTH
- FISERVE HEALTH
- FOX / EVERETT INC.
- GILSBAR 360
- GOLDEN RULE
- GREAT WEST HEALTHCARE
- GULF SOUTH RISK SERVICES INC.
- HEALTH FIRST TPA
- LONESTAR TPA
- MACORI INC.
- MEDICAID (Aetna Better Health, Amerigroup, Healthy Blue, United Healthcare Community Plan)
- MUTUAL OF OMAHA
- NALC HEALTH BENEFIT PLAN
- NEW ORLEANS ELECTRICAL
- NEW ERA LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY
- ONE SOURCE ADMINISTRATORS
- PEOPLES HEALTH (OUT OF NETWORK ONLY)
- PHILADELPHIA AMERICAN LIFE
- PHYSICIANS MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY
- PLUMBERS STEAMFITTERS
- PPO PLUS
- RAILROAD MEDICARE
- SHEET METAL WORKERS
- STANDARD LIFE AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE COMPANY
- STERLING PREMIER MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT
- STRATOSE NETWORK
- STUDENT RESOURCES
- TRICARE PRIME (OUT OF NETWORK ONLY)
- TRICARE SECONDARY
- UNITED HEALTHCARE (UHC)
- UNITED MEDICAL RESOURCES (UMR)
- UNITED AMERICAN INSURANCE COMPANY
- VANTAGE HEALTH PLAN (BATON ROUGE AND LAFAYETTE)
- WISCONSIN PHYSICIAN SERVICES